Title: Kitchen Assistant
Reports To: Site Manager, Meals on Wheels
EEO Category: Service Worker
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (full time-30 hours per week)
Pay Grade: $9-11/hour
Job Last Updated: April 26, 2018
Approved By: Human Resources
The Kitchen Assistant is responsible for assisting with coordination of food services for Head Start and the Meals on Wheels programs. The role is responsible for assisting with food preparation, pick and delivery of food to multiple locations, cleaning serving are, kitchen and dishware. The position reports to the Site Manager and operates under strict supervision with little latitude for the use of independent judgment, discretion and initiative.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist with preparation of food for transportation to serving sites as directed by the cook and assistant cook.
- Provide proper sanitation to all machinery, cooking instruments, utensils and general kitchen area.
- Wash pots and pans and other dishes.
- Assist with serving food.
- Keep refrigerator, freezer and ice machine cleaned and freezers defrosted.
- Label and date all leftovers.
- Date all groceries.
- Record refrigerator and freezer temperatures daily on log sheets.
- Clean/operate industrial kitchen machinery, such as dishwasher, sealer, oven, etc.
- Mop and sweep kitchen and dining area, sanitize areas such as counter tops, cabinets, handles, and refrigerators, bathrooms on a daily basis or as needed.
- Provide assistance to the Lead Cook and Assistant Cook, volunteers or any other program staff as needed or requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to ensure compliance with regulatory agency requirements and policies.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and utilize effective time management techniques.
- Ability to respect confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to carry out multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to follow instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
- Occasional use of a personal vehicle to deliver meals and pick up supplies will be necessary.
Education and Trainings:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Texas Food Handlers Certificate or within 30 days of hire
- Valid Texas driver’s license.
Mental / Physical Tasks (F= Frequent, O=Occasional, R=Rarely):
Using personal computer
Moving heavy equipment (over 10 pounds)
Using office equipment, stapler, telephone, etc.
- Working in a fast paced environment with priorities and plans that may change rapidly.
- Working on weekends, evenings and some holiday may be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Opportunities for Williamson and Burnet Counties
Opportunities for Williamson and Burnet Counties
Opportunities for Williamson & Burnet Counties was established in 1965 as the area’s official Community Action Agency. Opportunities is a private, non-profit corporation governed by a board of directors composed of community leaders, elected officials and target area representatives. Throughout its history, Opportunities has administered a wide range of social service and economic opportunity programs benefiting many. Opportunities for Williamson & Burnet Counties has an annual operating budget of over $12 million and a staff of more than 200.
Opportunities serves thousands of people annually in both counties. Working cooperatively with other agencies, it is an advocate for those who might not otherwise have a voice in the community in which they live. The Board and staff are dedicated to providing services to help those in need achieve a better, more productive life.
Mission for Opportunities for Williamson & Burnet Counties
To make our communities stronger by empowering children, families and seniors to achieve independence and improved quality of life.
Vision for Opportunities for Williamson & Burnet Counties
A healthy, educated community in which all people live independently and with dignity.
BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- PAID TIME OFF: UP TO THREE WEEKS
- PAID HOLIDAYS: UP TO 11 PER YEAR
- EMPLOYER MATCHING RETIREMENT
- EMPLOYER SPONSORED HEALTH CARE
- SHORT AND LONG TERM DISABILITY
- LIFE INSURANCE
OWBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OWBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Company Website: www.owcb-tx.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)