Title: Site Manager, Senior Nutrition
Reports To: Program Director
EEO Category: First/Mid-Level Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pay Grade: 40 to 50K/annually
Job Description Last Updated: August 2017
Approved By: Human Resources
The Site Manager-Senior Nutrition is responsible for recruiting and certifying eligibility of participants for Title III congregate and home-delivered meals programs. The position reports to the Program Director and operates under moderate supervision with moderate latitude for the use of independent judgment, discretion and initiative.
Essential Job Duties:
- Manage daily operations, staffing and program activities for Meals on Wheels.
- Provide training to staff and volunteers on grant requirements for reporting, client assessment, sanitation, confidentiality, food delivery and emergency procedures.
- Hire and supervise staff in accordance with personnel policies and procedures including orientation and training, providing career development advice, establishing employee goals, conducting performance reviews, coaching/counseling and recommending terminations.
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteers maintaining accurate files/records and background check clearance.
- Oversee the management of an efficient, effective and Meals on Wheels center to include property, facilities and grounds.
- Oversee meal preparation and delivery to program participants ensuring food handling policies, procedures and safety standards are followed.
- Plan and coordinate recreational activities, nutrition education, exercise sessions, and other initiatives/services for clients.
- Ensure program polices and procedure are followed and documented for all new or prospective clients, including but not limited to eligibility, enrollment and individual needs.
- Monitor program effectiveness through discussion, formal interviews or surveys.
- Coordinate and schedule home visits to Title III clients for intakes and reassessments.
- Ensures performance standards for grant reporting.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records and manage in conjunction with records retention requirements.
- Coordinate Meals on Wheels fundraisers accounting for all donations and expenses.
- Collect and compile data in order to generate and submit reports.
- Work with community partners and others to develop initiatives that promote positive community relations.
- Deliver presentations on behalf of the Senior Nutrition Program and other Opportunities programs and services.
- Ensure the confidentiality of information pertaining to program participants, staff, students and families.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to operate various word-processing software, spreadsheets, and database programs.
- Ability to operate a kitchen, order food and prepare meals.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to ensure compliance with regulatory agency requirements and policies.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and utilize effective time management techniques.
- Ability to respect confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to carry out multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to follow instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
Education and Trainings:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Social Work or related field. Eight (8) years of additional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Two years of related experience.
- Two years of supervisory experience with staff or volunteers.
- An additional four years of related experience may be substituted for degree, in addition to the above requirements.
- Valid Texas driver’s license.
- Food Handler Certification.
- Obtain and keep current Adult and Pediatric CPR and First Aid certifications.
Mental / Physical Tasks (F= Frequent, O=Occasional, R=Rarely):
Using personal computer
Moving heavy equipment
Using office equipment, stapler, telephone, etc.
- Working in a fast paced environment with priorities and plans that may change rapidly.
- Working on weekends, evenings and some holiday may be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Opportunities for Williamson and Burnet Counties
Opportunities for Williamson and Burnet Counties
Opportunities for Williamson & Burnet Counties was established in 1965 as the area’s official Community Action Agency. Opportunities is a private, non-profit corporation governed by a board of directors composed of community leaders, elected officials and target area representatives. Throughout its history, Opportunities has administered a wide range of social service and economic opportunity programs benefiting many. Opportunities for Williamson & Burnet Counties has an annual operating budget of over $12 million and a staff of more than 200.
Opportunities serves thousands of people annually in both counties. Working cooperatively with other agencies, it is an advocate for those who might not otherwise have a voice in the community in which they live. The Board and staff are dedicated to providing services to help those in need achieve a better, more productive life.
Mission for Opportunities for Williamson & Burnet Counties
To make our communities stronger by empowering children, families and seniors to achieve independence and improved quality of life.
Vision for Opportunities for Williamson & Burnet Counties
A healthy, educated community in which all people live independently and with dignity.
BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- PAID TIME OFF: UP TO THREE WEEKS
- PAID HOLIDAYS: UP TO 11 PER YEAR
- EMPLOYER MATCHING RETIREMENT
- EMPLOYER SPONSORED HEALTH CARE
- SHORT AND LONG TERM DISABILITY
- LIFE INSURANCE
OWBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OWBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Company Website: www.owcb-tx.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)